If you were hired before December 31, 1983, you are more than likely a Civil Service employee which means that you take part in the Civil Service Retirement System (CSRS). There are many aspects of being a CSRS employee that you need to be aware of and that Federal Benefits Group can walk you through. Some of the most important topics that we can help you understand are:
- How to keep your federal health insurance in place through retirement not only for you, but for your surviving spouse as well.
- How to determine your “RSCD” or Retirement Service Computation Date. Getting this number wrong can mean you are not eligible to retire and it will take OPM up to 6 months to catch the error. If it turns out you were not eligible, you could have to go back to work (this has actually happened to hundreds of employees).
- Military time – Should you buy it back and if so, how much will it cost you?
- Temporary time – Will it count towards retirement and if so, how much?
- Voluntary Contribution Accounts – How to manage those monies in order to reduce taxes.
- How much of a survivor’s annuity should you leave to your spouse, and is the government annuity the best way to go?
- How to maximize your TSP funds in retirement and lower your taxes.
Navigating the Federal benefit system can be confusing and overwhelming. Don’t take chances with your future and your retirement. Federal Benefits Group can provide you with the knowledge, information and advice to make the right decisions.
Call us today at (877) 317-4167 to secure your FREE counseling session appointment to review your federal benefits and retirement outlook!